Lidl has launched its brand of shoes made from recycled plastic. This is the next step of the network in the fight for a cleaner planet. How are these shoes made, what do they look like and how much do they cost?
The world is drowning in plastic, which is why Lidl decided to use recycled plastic for the production of Crivit footwear for the first time. The textile upper of the Crivit Ocean Bound Plastic shoes is made entirely of recycled PET bottles. 25% of the material was made from ocean-bound plastic – plastics deposited on beaches, islands and coastal areas in Asia from which they could end up in the water. The remaining 75%, on the other hand, consists of traditionally collected and recycled PET bottles.
“At Lidl, we know that every plastic bag, bottle or straw matters – because there are billions of them all over the world. That’s why we’ve made the REset Plastic commitment and are reducing the amount of plastic in our product packaging. The use of recycled plastic for the production of footwear is our next step in the fight for a cleaner planet” says Aleksandra Robaszkiewicz, Head of Corporate Communications Lidl Polska.
The recycled material is just as durable and breathable as the non-recycled material. The footwear is distinguished by a fashionable design, that is comfortable, and is offered at a low 59.90 PLN per pair. The shoes will be available in women’s and men’s models in various color options, so everyone will find the perfect pair for themselves. The shoes, thanks to a light sole made of phylon and TPR, as well as a comfortable insole with memory foam matching the foot, provide high wearing comfort.
The Crivit Ocean Bound Plastic collection was available from Monday, August 3, in all Lidl stores while stocks last. The shoes are available on their online store at www.lidl-sklep.pl